“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Number 130. Go ice-skating outside at night

I can't remember if I got the invitation to go ice-skating on my mobile phone or through facebook but it was arranged for one night after school, a Tuesday, because it was so cold that Osan city council had finally decided to set up the ice skating out the front of city hall. I raced home after school to get changed and have something to eat and then met the lovely Rosie and Alex on the way to city hall. It was amazingly cheap... about $1 US to skate and that included the cost of hiring the ice-skates! I havent skated outside since I was a kid and we were living in Canada so this was an awesome experience for me. There is something special about zooming around on the ice in the fresh air rather than enclosed with that icy smell that you always find that's almost overpowering. Night-time is even better because of all the lights! We stayed for an hour or so, using the time as an excuse for a catch up with other foreign teachers as much as we were using it to skate around, and then with frozen fingers and red noses we headed to the coffee shop for some maple latte's and Rotti buns!

No comments:

Post a Comment